Upton Cottage (sleeps 5 + cot)
Converted from the farm’s historic haybarn in the mid 1980’s (think storage of food for cows to eat in winter), Upton Cottage is a detached, two storey cottage with far reaching views across green field to Haddon Hill.
It has a large, contemporary living space of lounge, dining and integrated kitchen, opening onto a 500 square meter, fully fenced lawned garden.
This is complemented by 3 upstairs bedrooms.
Original features include 50cm. thick, solid stone walls and original air vents.
Upton Cottage sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms;
- Master bedroom is dual aspect with a huge double bed, built in wardrobe and ensuite loo.
- Second bedroom has twin singles which readily convert to superking bed (your choice). This is a very large bedroom with space for camp bed / cot if required.
- Third bedroom is a single with built in wardrobe
The living space in Upton Cottage is very generous and designed for contemporary, open plan living.
It has a fully integrated kitchen including dual Neff ovens, dishwasher and washing machine under 4 meter long granite worktops. There is extractor and over hob lights and a standalone freezer. The worksurface space is complemented by a full range of kitchen equipment and utensils.
There is a solid pine dining table with six dining chairs and a full range of dining equipment.
The lounge has a three seater sofa and two armchairs together with flat screen TV, video, DVD and gas fired log burner.
Upton Cottage’s bathroom is new. It has a huge freestanding shower with internal light / extractor. There is also a luxury bath for a leisurely soak. Bath mats and towels are provided and two radiators are installed including a towel radiator for toasty towels.
The cottage has full central heating with double glazing and a log fire in the lounge for romantic evenings.
Outside your cottage door is a huge, fully enclosed, dog friendly, lawned garden – (about 500 sq. m. in area) with views across open fields towards Haddon Hill. The garden has table and chairs for sunny outdoor dining. There is also external clothes drying facilities.
Dogs are very welcome in Upton Cottage.
- 1 double bedroom, dual aspect with built in wardrobe / ensuite loo.
- 1 Twin Singles or Superking bedroom (your choice).
- 1 Single bedroom with built in wardrobe.
- All bed linens are provided.
- Open plan lounge, dining, kitchen with views to fields and hills
- Gas log fire.
- Full fiber broadband.
- Flat screen TV, DVD, Video and alarm radio / CD players.
- Generous libraries of books, puzzles and children’s DVD’s.
- Integrated kitchen with 4 meter long granite worktop.
- Dual Neff ovens / microwave.
- Dishwasher and Washing machine built in.
- Under counter fridge and separate freezer.
- Spring water to drink (tested by local authority).
- Cottage equipped for ‘full cooked meal’ self catering with plenty of work surface space.
- New bathroom with two bathroom radiators and shaver point.
- Huge free standing shower with internal light and extractor.
- Separate luxury bath.
- All towels provided, including bathmats.
- Central heating throughout cottage & hot water included in price.
- Huge lawned garden, fully fenced and dog friendly.
- Clematis Montana and honeysuckle on fences.
- Garden dining furniture, bench, clothes drying and bird table.
- Viewing base for telescope.
- Ironing board, iron and clothes airer.
- Off road parking.
- Owners on site.
- No smoking in cottage.
- Alarms installed.
- All linens and energy costs are included in prices quoted.