Stable Cottage (sleeps 4 + cot)
Converted from the farm’s historic stables in the mid 1980’s (think pre tractor days of horse drawn carts), Stable Cottage is a detached, all on one level, cottage.
It has a large lounge, dining-kitchen-living space overlooking the garden and with views to the lake. This is complemented by two large bedrooms.
Original features include solid stone , 50cm thick external walls, huge ceiling beams and very wonky, 30cm. thick solid stone internal walls.
Stable Cottage sleeps four in two bedrooms.
Master bedroom has a queen sized bed with built in wardrobe and above bed head artwork.
Second bedroom has twin singles which readily convert to a superking bed (your choice).
There is also space for cot / camp bed for additional small guests.
The living space in Stable Cottage is for contemporary, open plan living. There is a fully integrated kitchen including double sink bowls, tall Liebherr fridge, Smeg extractor with over hob lights, dishwasher and washing machine under 5 meter long granite worktops. Work surface space is complemented by a full range of kitchen equipment and utensils.
There is a four seater solid pine dining table / chairs – again with a full range of dining equipment.
The lounge has a three seater sofa and two armchairs together with flat screen TV, video, DVD and a gas fired log burner.
Stable Cottage bathroom is new. It has a large freestanding shower with internal light / extractor. There is also a separate bath. There are bath mats provided for the tiled floor and there are two radiators including a towel radiator for toasty towels.
The cottage has full central heating with double glazing for extra comfort and a log fire in the lounge for romantic evenings.
Outside your cottage front door is an enclosed, fully fenced, dog friendly, lawned garden with views to our lake. The garden has a table and chairs for sunny, outdoor dining. There is also external clothes drying facilities.
Dogs are very welcome in Stable Cottage.
- 1 Queen bedroom with built in wardrobe.
- 1 Twin Singles or Superking bedroom (your choice)
- All bed linens provided
- Space for camp bed / cot for younger guests (on request).
- Open plan lounge, dining, kitchen – door to garden, views to lake.
- Gas log fire.
- Full fiber broadband.
- Flat screen TV, DVD, Video and alarm radio / CD players
- Generous libraries of books, puzzles, jigsaws, and children’s DVD’s
- WIFI connected
- Integrated kitchen with 5 meter long granite worktops
- Liebherr tall fridge and Smeg extractor with over hob lights.
- Dishwasher and Washing machine built in
- Spring water to drink (tested by local authority)
- Cottage equipped for ‘full cooked meal’ self catering
- New bathroom with two bathroom radiators and shaver point
- Large free standing shower with internal light and extractor
- Separate level low bath
- All towels provided including bath mats
- Enclosed lawned garden, fully fenced and dog friendly.
- Garden dining, bench, clothes drying – bird table / food provided.
- Ironing Board / Iron / clothes airer.
- Off road parking
- Owners on site
- No smoking in cottage
- Alarms installed.
- All linens and energy costs are included in prices quoted.