Practical Advice for staying at West Withy Farm
Your cottage comes fully equipped for a self catering holiday for the number of people staying in your cottage. Included is:
- Dish clothes and towels
- Food preparation equipment
- Dining equipment
- Starter pack of soap and a dishwasher tablet etc.
- Cleaning equipment for kitchen / bathroom
- You will be greeted with a welcome pack of bread, eggs, butter and jam (as available).
- Your cottage has full central heating and double glazing
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our linens and towels
- All bed linens including duvet covers are provided.
- One personal shower towel per guest and separate basin hand towels
- Your cottage has a washing machine. This is for personal clothes only.
- Please do not wash any pet bedding / pet clothing.
- Please soak / prewash any muddy clothing.
Travelling to West Withy Farm
Shopping for provisions
The surrounding villages of Wiveliscombe, Bampton and Williton provide provisions from Co-op / Spar style minimarts. Each has a cash machines / and each has a Post Office. These villages also have great butchers.
Brompton Regis has a small community run shop.
Dulverton and Dunster have a broader range of shops with Dulverton more focused towards leisure shopping with dress and antique shops and Dunster more focussed towards tourist shops.
There are supermarkets in Taunton (Sainsbury/Tesco/Asda/Morrison/Lidl), in Minehead (Morrison/Tesco/Lidl) and in Wellington (Waitrose). Supermarkets do deliver to West Withy Farm
A wet fishmonger – Frank – with fish from Newlyn calls at West Withy Farm on a Wednesday (about 2.00pm).
Our lake is spring fed and full of wildlife
- It has various species of wild fowl and breeding rudd / roach for fishing, frogs, toad, and newts.
- Please keep away from the edge of the lake.
- There is no swimming in the lake – even for dogs on a hot day
- The rear of the lake is completely out of bounds because of the depth of the water and the underwater tree roots.
- We love dogs. Guests are encouraged to bring their dogs (and other pets to West Withy Farm.
- Each cottage has a fully enclosed, dog friendly garden.
- When outside this cottage garden in our grounds, dogs should be kept on a lead.
- Dog faeces should always be collected and deposited in your cottage dustbin
- Dogs are not allowed in the lake.
- Dogs are not allowed in cottage bedrooms
- Please do not use cottage washing machines to launder dogs blankets, dog jackets etc.
- We love horses too.
- Turnout for horse guests is usually available
- Our own stables house eventing horses and horse expertise is usually available