Map Ref. LR181 960300
Wimbleball Lake is about a mile away from West Withy Farm on footpaths – slightly longer by road.
Created in the 1970’s, owned by South West Lakes Trust and covering 400 accrea, Wimbleball Lake is a reservoir, water sports centre, stargazing centre, fishing lake, nature reserve, and adventure playground.
West Withy Farm guests all visit Wimbleball Lake during their stay.
Walking / Cycling
- Walk from West Withy Farm round Wimbleball Lake and return takes about 4 hours.
- Its dog friendly with café for a snack
- Cycle track on west side of lake
- Several places to park around lake for a shorter walk
- Sailing, Windsurfing, Rowing, Kayaking (west side of lake)
- Home to Wimbleball Sailing Club
- Hire rowing boats, sailing boats. etc
- Take RYA courses.
- Rowers – bring own boat for intensive squad training.
- Brown and Rainbow Trout
- From bank or boat.
- Anglers car park (east side of lake)
- Dark Sky Discovery Site within Exmoor Dark Sky Reserve
- Designated stargazing activity area.
- Special stargazing events.
- Hire a telescope from Dark Sky Telescope Hire.
Adventure and Challenge
- Aerial rope course
- Hurscombe Nature Reserve (at north end of lake)